2 1/2" Flanged Water Meter
2 1/2" flanged water meter for measuring the volume of flow through pipework with pulsed output and flow totalisation.
21/2" Flanged Water Meter CWFA 70 Introduction
The CWFA 70 is a 2 1/2" flanged contacting head water meter, manufactured with a cast iron body for use with clean water. It is ideally suited for process applications where accurate measurements of large volumes of water flow are required.
Designed for use with clean water, such as towns water, the CWFA 70 is rated to a temperature up to 30°C and a pressure of up to 16 Bar. The CWFA 70 may be installed in any position and provides precision flow measurements with a maximum normal flow rate of 25 m3 / Hr.
The robustly constructed water meter is designed to be bolted to connecting flanges in pipework to become a permanently installed flow meter, allowing the 21/2" (70mm) flanged water meter to measure the flow passing through it.
The 21/2" flanged water meter CWFA 70 has a high sensitivity turbine impulse sensor which drives a large accurate gear train to provide both totalisation and the pulsed output.
By design, the turbine is the only moving part of the water meter that is in contact with the water itself, this is so that we can offer exceptional operating life from our CWFA series of flanged water meters.
21/2" Flanged Water Meter With Pulsed Output
The turbine sensor is both antimagnetic and non-hygroscopic and drives a large and accurate gear train.
The resulting digital signal is pulsed via volt free contacts, proportional to the flow rate - the K Factor of the 21/2" (70mm) Flanged Water meter CWFA 70 is K = 10.0, giving 1 pulse per 10 litres.
The pulsed output signal is rated at 24 V - 0.2 A and the supplied cable length is 2 metres.
The CWFA 70 can be easily integrated into a dosing pump; batch controller; external counter or other piece of process control equipment that corresponds to a pulsed input, proportional to liquid flow rate.
21/2" Flanged Water Meter With Totalisation
As well as delivering a pulsed output signal, the CWFA 70 has a mechanical non-resettable counter which is displayed on the front of the water meter. The 5 digit mechanical counter displays the total volume of liquid that has flowed through the water meter in M3.
The mechanical counter and water meter frontage are covered in a transparent cover, manufactured in clear epoxy resin.
21/2" Flanged Water Meter CWFA 70 Features & Benefits
The CWFA 70 is an excellent way of measuring clean water entering a process. Used frequently on evaporative cooling tower make up water, softener feed water, in plating baths makeup water, to control flow proportional dosing and in any application where the volume of water flowing in a pipeline needs to be accurately measured.
The CWFA 70 is of simple design and proven construction. Designed to provide reliable, accurate and dependable measurement and control of many industrial processes, the CWFA 70 is a water meter with 21/2" (70mm) flanged connection, so securing it in place for a long operational life is as simple as possible.
CWFA 70 Specifications
2 1/2" Flanged Threaded Water Meter
Model No:- CWFA 70
Connection:- 2 1/2" flange (50mm)
Body:- Coated cast iron case and head
Turbine:- Non-hygroscopic and antimagnetic
Constant / K Factor:- K = 10.0 (1 pulse per 10.0 Litres)
Contacting Head Output:- Reed Switch rated at 5 VA
Start Flow:- 0.4 m3 / Hr
Max Temporary Flow:- 50 m3 / Hr
Flow 1 Meter Head Loss:- 55 m3 / Hr
Normal Flow:- 25 m3 / Hr
Min. Flow for 2% Accuracy:- 5.5 m3 / Hr
Min. Flow for 5% Accuracy:- 2.0 m3 / Hr
Max Working Pressure:- 16 Bar
Max Temperature:- 30°C
Min Reading:- 1 Litres
Max Reading:- 106 m3
Flange Fixing Holes:- 4
Weight:- 10 Kg
- Cast water meter with high sensitivity turbine sensor designed specifically for process control applications using clean water.
- The high sensitivity non-magnetic and hygroscopic impulse sender drives a large accurate gear train to ensure precision totalisation counts and pulsed outputs.
- No gears in the wetted area, the only moving part in contact with the water is the impeller.
- Pulsed output with a K = 10.0 constant to give 1 pulse per 10 litres of water - ideal for counting incoming makeup water.
- Totalisation is displayed on a mechanical non-resettable counter allowing the total volume of water that has passed through the water meter to be monitoring dependably and easily.
- Proportional digital pulsed output signal which corresponds to the K constant - provides a useable signal to external control devices such as batch counters, controllers, dosing pumps and other control equipment.
- Proven design of simple & construction to provide reliable, accurate, and dependable measurement and control of many industrial processes.