Quick Release Inline pH Electrode Holder
The PES-1-QR is a quick release inline pH electrode holder. Installed on the top of the electrode holder, is a threaded cap allowing the pH electrode to be secured into place within the pipework.
A standard 12mm diameter pH electrode can slip snuggly into the retaining sleeve, reducing any lateral movement. The pH electrode is also held in place vertically by a retaining nut, ensuring that the pH electrode cannot be pushed too far into the pipework to the point where it might be damaged.
The PES-1-QR is designed so that the pH electrode sits in the fluid running through the pipework. This ensures that the pH value is constantly being measured and that the pH electrode never sits in air which would cause it to dry out.
The PES-1-QR is designed to be either solvent welded into 3/4" pipework or alternatively, it can be threaded for connection to 1/2" pipework.
Quick Release inline pH electrode holder
The quick release mechanism is a superb design. It allows the pH electrode to be easily removed for periodic calibration and pH buffering. The collar holding the mechanism in place is simply unscrewed and the electrode removed from it's retaining sleeve.
The PES-1-QR quick release pH electrode holder doesn't self seal so we do recommend that isolation valves are fitted before and after the PES-1-QR. (We do offer a pH electrode holder that doesn't require isolation valves called the lock-n-load) this can ensure that when the pH electrode is removed, the process solution doesn't spray all over the operator!
The PES-1-QR can be used with any of our 9000 series electrodes, and the quick release inline pH electrode holder has a bulb guard which prevents damage from occurring to the pH electrode bulb.
Quick Release inline pH electrode holder materials of construction
The PES-1-QR is our standard unit and is manufactured in PVC. It is rated for a temperature range of 0-50ºC.
Inline pH electrode system
Model No:- PES-1-QR
pH Electrode:- Any good quality glass bodied pH electrode
Operating temperature:- 0-50ºC
Materials of construction PVC
- Optional Mounting for a temperature sensor
- Holds a glass bodied pH electrode within the pipework for continual online pH measurement - which means that there is no need to tap existing pipework for an insertion pH electrode or to have to sample the process pH
- The pH electrode fits into a sleeve holding it in place - it also protects the glass bulb of the electrode from being broken. No over-zealous operators breaking the ends off electrodes.
- Solvent weld and BSP threaded as standard and options for reducing or increasing bushes depending upon the requirements - so the PES-1-QR can be easily installed into most types of pipework.
- Quick release fitting means that it's easy to get the electrode out for periodic calibration and buffering, and really simple to get it back into the process again - no more time wasted in try to unscrew electrodes and twisting the cable
- Manufactured in PVC as standard but with options available for PVDF if you have aggressive chemicals or higher temperatures, and 316 Stainless Steel for brewery, dairy or other required industry sectors