Chemically Resistant Level Transmitter
The ALMK809 is a 2-wire suspended level transmitter, manufactured in Polypropylene or PVDF, for use in concentrated chemical reagents.
Chemically Resistant Level Transmitter ALMK809 Introduction
The ALMK809 is a suspended level transmitter which is designed to be lowered into unpressurised tanks and vessels to give continuous level measurement.
Available manufactured with either a Polypropylene body or in PVDF for use with concentrated chemicals, both options are manufactured with a capacitive sensor manufactured in ceramic.
The ALMK809 is designed to be lowered into a tank, where it should to sink to the bottom, while suspended on the attached vented cable. As the liquid level changes, the pressure on the ALMK809 changes proportionally. By measuring this change in the pressure, the ALMK809 is able to accurately offer continual level measurements.
The ALMK809 has the following factory set ranges and cable lengths which are required during ordering:-
- 0 - 1.6 metres
- 0 - 2.5 metres
- 0 - 4.0 metres
- 0 - 6.0 metres
- 0 - 10 metres
- 0 - 25 metres
- 0 - 100 metres
Depths are calculated assuming an S.G of 1.0. Please consider the SG of the solution when selecting a range.
4-20mA Suspended Hydrostatic Level Transmitter ALK809
The ALMK809 outputs an industry standard 4-20mA output signal, proportional to the scale. As a loop powered device the ALMK809 uses the same two wires which power the instrument to transmit the signal, which means that wiring the ALMK809 to a PLC, Data Logger or a 4-20mA controller is incredibly simple. In addition, the 4-20mA signal can be transmitted up to 3000 metres away using our LMK2 signal cable.
Chemically Resistant Level Transmitter ALMK809 Features & Benefits
The ALMK809 is an excellent way of adding continual level measurement to a tank or process vessel. An average response time to changing conditions of <200ms gives an additional level of precision to online level measurements.
Manufactured in Polypropylene with a ceramic sensor, the ALMK809 allows for continual measurements to be made in water treatment, effluent treatment and some process vessels.
Also available in chemically resistant PVDF, the ALMK809 is suitable for use in chemical storage tanks; processing vessels and in processes where concentrated chemical reagents are used or stored.
Incredibly simple to install, the ALMK809 is simply lowered into a process vessels using the vented cable until it reaches the bottom. Using the wired connections the electrical integration is from an industry standard 2 wire 4-20mA connection to a compatible device.
The range of pressures that are available ensure that even in solutions with an SG greater than 1.0, there should be an ALMK809 suitable for the range for the most common sizes of tanks.
The ALMK809 has a flush captive ceramic sensor which means that it is suitable for operation in aggressive media or strong chemial reagents, as well as in viscous solutions like oil, or in effluent where pollution is present.
Chemically Resistant Hydrostatic Suspended Level Transmitter
Model No:- ALMK809
Available Ranges:- 0 - 1.6m, 0 - 2.5m, 0 - 4.0m, 0 - 6.0m, 0 - 10m, 0 - 25m, 0 - 100m
Accuracy:- ± 0.35% of output scale
Operating Temperature Range:- 0°C to 70°C
Supply:- 9-32 VDC
Separation:- up to 3000 m using LMK2 Signal Cable
Material:- Polypropylene and Ceramic or PVDF and ceramic
- Simple to install - just lower it into the tank using the attached cable.
- Factory calibrated pressure ranges - simply order the ALMK809 range which matches your installation type (accounting for the SG).
- Polypropylene for light chemical usage and PVDF option for concentrated chemical reagents.
- Simple integration with 4-20mA devices such as PLC's, data loggers and 4-20mA controllers.
- Accurate hydrostatic insertion level transmitter with a semi-flush diaphragm making it suitable for use on viscous, polluted effluent, or chemical storage vessels.
- Wide selection of ranges of available - from as low as 0 - 0.4 metres up to a maximum of 0 - 100 metres
- Transmit a 4-20mA signal up to 3000 meters away using LMK2 connecting cable - ideal for monitoring the levels of storage vessels located outside.
- Designed specially for measurement of aggressive or viscous liquids for a long operation lifespan.
- Hassle free, reliable, and continuous level measurement on a huge range of chemical reagents.
Request data sheet