Auto Clean System For Submersible Redox Electrode Systems
Auto clean systems for submersible Redox electrode systems enable automatic cleaning of a Redox electrode to take place while the sensor is still within the process. This significantly reduces the requirement to remove the Redox probe for periodic cleaning. This is a huge advantage where the Redox measurement is process critical, and is a time saving measure, in applications where the platinum can become coated, particularly by fats or grease that may be present.
Auto clean system for submersible Redox Electrode Systems Introduction
The auto clean system is an attachment for submersible redox electrode systems. If you have an existing system, the unit can easily be fitted by your engineers or alternatively, it can be supplied within a new unit.
The submersible dip redox systems that the unit is compatible with include:-
The unit simply slides over the Redox probe, into position and is then locked into place.
The auto clean system for dip Redox probes is simple in it's operation and is available as either a jet-wash system using either water or an in-situ cleaning fluid, or using compressed air to remove any build-up of material, which would affect the measurement of the dip Redox electrode sensors.
We can offer a full system for auto-cleaning requirements, including a dosing tank, suitable dosing pump and connections, or a compressed air solution and solenoid valve, significantly reducing system maintenance requirements.
Auto Clean System For Dip Redox Electrode System Compatibility
The auto clean system requires a Redox controller with a built in auto-clean relay such as the P7685-010.
NOTE:- While it is more than possible to use either a timed relay output or PLC to control the auto-clean, you must ensure that when the Auto Clean is engaged, the output from the Redox controller is frozen. If this doesn't occur, the Redox instrument may read a false signal and respond accordingly (such as engaging control equipment like dosing pumps or solenoid valves.)
An instrument with a specific auto-clean relay freezes the displayed Redox value on the instrument, while the auto-clean action takes place. This prevents the Redox controller from recording a false Redox value, when the auto-clean is taking place.
The auto clean relay is designed to operate a solenoid valve for use with a compressed air solution or a dosing pump for use with a jet-wash system.
Auto Clean System Features & Benefits
The key benefit of the auto clean system is that the Redox probe can remain immersed in a solution without needing to be removed for periodic cleaning. This is hugely beneficial when processes have to be stopped for the cleaning of a submersible Redox sensor assembly.
Grease and oils can coat a Redox electrode, resulting in slow response times and inaccurate readings. Using compressed air to remove this is hugely beneficial.
Alternatively, in solution which contains limestone or carbonates which can cause deposits on the platinum disc, we have supplied nitric acid jet-wash auto-clean systems which ensure that the submersible redox electrode system offers accurate Redox measurements, without having to be removed and cleaned.
Please note, for the optimum performance of a Jet-wash system, the discharge pressure should be greater than the surrounding pressure of the vessel. Please contact us if you require any assistance with this.
Alternatively a compressed air auto clean solution system can be tailored for use, including the supply of a suitable solenoid valve and compressor.
Automatic Cleaning System for Dip Mounted Redox Sensor Assemblies
Model No:- ACS
Compatible Dip Redox Sensor assembly:-
Compatible Redox Probe:-
Operating temperature:- 0-60ºC
Materials of construction PVC
- Compressed Air Cleaning
- Chemical Cleaning
- Water-Jet Cleaning
- Designed to fit our full range of dip pH electrode assemblies the Auto Clean System ensures that any materials that have built up around the pH probe inhibiting the accuracy or response times are removed.
- The system is available using either compressed air, chemical cleaning, or a liquid Jet-wash system. Depending on the nature of the application our sales team should be able to advise the right solution for you.
- By using the auto clean system the probe can be kept online monitoring or controlling the pH value as required with the only requirement to remove the dip pH electrode assembly is for periodic calibration.
- When used in combination with a suitable pH instrument such as the P7685 the auto-clean relay will activate the auto-clean system while also ensuring that the pH value measured by the instrument is held for the duration of the cleaning cycle. This means that any associated chart recorders connected to the 4-20mA output, or any control equipment connected to the relays won't respond to any temporary change in pH value recorded by the instrument.
- The ACS Auto Clean System can be retrofitted to all our dip pH electrode assemblies with replaceable pH probes, such it's fully compatible with:-