An essential part of our work at Automated Water & Effluent Ltd (AWE) involves liaising with our customers, clients and prospective customers on products and services related to industrial processes primarily but not limited to Water Treatment, Effluent Treatment and Process control. Our legitimate interest in holding your data is to provide business continuity to your services.
Who are we?
We are Automated Water & Effluent Ltd sometimes referred to as AWE, which includes properties such as AWE Instruments and AWE Direct.
We are a supplier of sensors, instruments, and control systems for use in industrial, municipal and the commericial sector for Water Treatment, Effluent Treatment and Process Control applications.
How do we collect information about you?
When a contact from a company registers an interest in our products and services in person at an exhibition or by visiting our factory in Stafford, when you call us to find out more information about our products and services, or when you register interest in our newsletter The Watermark or by registering to receive a catalogue.
What data do we store?
We hold data that is designed to ensure business continuity, including but not limited to:-
- Material data for devices including pumps and sensors used with chemical reagents to ensure material compatibility.
- Material and process data so we can ensure spares and replacements maintain process compatibility.
- Information on processes and systems so that in the event of further modification, repair, replacement, servicing, calibration or system analysis we can deliver exceptional service.
- Data for the purposes of web analytics, to assess the number of visitors, page views, and other associated metrics so we can further optimise future marketing campaigns.
- The processing of data for direct marketing, exhibition invitations and so we can wish you a Merry Christmas.
- Contact information so we can send out our red catalogue to a select number of customers throughout the year which includes information on our range of sensors, instruments and control equipment as a legitimate interest to our products and services.
What we do NOT do.
We do not and will never sell your data onto 3rd parties.
We do not carry advertising for 3rd parties on our website.
We do not impact negatively on the reasonable expectations of an individual.
We do not process data overseas. All of the data we process happens right here in the U.K. for the purposes listed above.
EU GDPR May 25th 2018
We are committed to take our customers data in accordance with with the EU General Data Protection Regulation as of May 25th 2018.
We take the commitment to ensure that data is processed in compliance with the EU GDPR very seriously indeed.
We process the majority of our data either under consent or under Article 6(1)(f) which is necessary for the purpose of legitimate interest
If you're under 16
If you are under the age of 16 we congratulate you on your interest in process monitoring and control equipment. Unfortunately we will need a parent or guardians permission before you can supply us with personal information.
You have a choice - if you choose not to receive information about our exciting products and services then you can choose to opt out of our database. Please email our DPO at email@example.com
Refusing to consent to your information being processed by us will have no detrimental affects to your relationship with us.
Review of this policy.
We review this policy regularly. This was last reviewed in April 2018.