This is an excellent opportunity to join our well-established family business based in Stafford as a Warehouse / Stores Operative.
Based in our industrial unit on Tollgate Industrial Estate in Stafford, the working hours are from 8:30am - 5pm Monday to Thursday and from 8:30am - 4pm on Fridays.
We are looking for someone to join our team as a Trainee Operative to help out with general warehousing and production duties.
Initially the ideal candidate would be trained to manage:-
- Receiving Deliveries
- Checking products for quality
- Preparing goods for dispatch
- Packaging of products where necessary
- Selecting products for outbound orders
- Manual handling and moving of goods (up to 25kg).
- Ensuring a good standard of house-keeping is kept
Future Development Opportunities
Following a successful development period, opportunities exist within our production team to train and up-skill in the following areas:-
- Machinists assistant
- Working with the machinist for light assembly duties.
- Training on using machine tools for the production of process control equipment.
- Assembly of finished equipment is plastic and stainless steel.
- Opportunity for career progression in the field of machining.
- Assistant to Wireman
- Working with the panel wireman to produce process control equipment.
- Following electrical drawings to complete control panels.
- Programming of recording devices, human interface devices and logic controllers for use in control systems.
- Opportunity for career progression in the field of wiring and control panel production.
- Trainee Service Engineer
- Working with the production team to setup and calibration control instrumentation.
- Working with the service team to produce on-site equipment and calibration items.
- Testing of process control equipment and in-house commissioning duties.
- Opportunity for career progression in the field of servicing, commissioning and calibration.
The Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate is someone who is able to conduct themselves in a professional manner appropriate for a modern engineering company, which will include excellent time keeping, time management, curiosity and a passion for engineering.
An ability to demonstrate an interest and aptitude in engineering or electronics, or having 5 good GCSE's related to engineering, science and maths would be desirable.
This position is suitable for someone who has recently left formal education and is looking to start a career in process engineering, offering the opportunity to grow into a professional role.
Working at AWE Ltd
The role is on a permanent basis with an annual salary of between £16'000 - £18'000 dependent upon suitability and experience.
This position has the opportunity for external training with support from Automated Water & Effluent Ltd. We'll work with the successful candidate to identify a preferred training route, and support them with funding and leave to attend relevant external training courses once the general warehousing and production duties are established.
Automated Water & Effluent Ltd are an established family company operating since 1982, committed to growth and providing a friendly working environment.
With a varied customer base and a reputation for providing quality engineered solutions - the solutions we provide are varied and far reaching, allowing the successful candidate to enjoy a challenging and varied role.
Automated Water & Effluent Ltd are an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, colour, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status.